Thursday, September 1, 2011

3 Days and a Wake-up

until I drive off into the sunrise, on my way to D.C.! This is exciting stuff, but it also means that my time at MAC is coming to an end in the morning. After 13 years, many friendships, and countless interactions with wonderful people, I am leaving. This is equal parts sad and joyous for me since it means that I get to start my new career with the State Department but at the cost of leaving all these fantastic people.

Last night was my farewell party with my fellow managers, my boss, a couple of my staff, and a random stranger we picked up half-way through the evening. Duvy, the party planner, was tasked with finding something "uniquely Portland" for us to do and boy did he come through! We spent the evening on this! What fun! and we got to burn off the calories that we drank along the way. Seriously, this was the best outing we have had and I was thrilled to spend the evening with my friends.

My last three days in Portland will be spent tying up loose ends, getting to doctor appointments, and packing my car to the gills. I'm not sure if I will be able to pack everything I am planning on, but I will get close who needs to see out the back window anyways?


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sending your blog info - I am really excited to read about your adventures. It has been great to work with you over the past few years. You will be missed! Laura

    ReplyDelete