Friday, December 9, 2011

Almost Time

One more week in Falls Church. That's it, just one more week and the first leg of this right turn is over and the next leg begins. It's hard to believe that I've only been away from Oregon for three months. It feels like so much longer. It's even harder to fathom that I am going to be living in Indonesia in two weeks.

Oddly, there isn't all that much for me to do in the time I have left. I have applied for all the visas, I pack out on Wednesday, I have three more days of training at lovely FSI, an evening meeting next week, a few more shots tomorrow, personal packing to do, turn in my fob, wave good bye, and fly home. I am the lucky one.

My wife has to get the entire house ready for pack out, on her own, for next week, move herself and the kids into a hotel, ship the cats to LA to then be sent on to Jakarta, continue to get the house ready to rent, and stay sane. Maybe I should bring her back some booze. Or take her out to the bars to get really drunk. Or flowers. Maybe chocolate. Or take the kids somewhere and let her nap. Something.

Later, I will tell all of you the adventures of the USPS and the Dip passport.

Be well

No comments:

Post a Comment