Monday, December 19, 2011

An Ending that is a Beginning

Today marks the ending of a significant portion of my life. Yes, I know that I have been training for the last three months at FSI, but on my way to Jakarta, I went home to help get the family ready to join me. But today is my last full day in Oregon, and the last day that I will be in my house for what is likely to be many years.

My house.




A and I have lived here for the last 10 and a half years. re-roofed it, re-sided it, re-painted it, re-floored it, and re-designed the backyard several times, just to list a few projects. Our children grew up in that house, and are quite sad to leave it.

So am I. So is A.

But in order to have this new beginning with State, I have to move on, and the family is coming along for the ride. I need to leave all that is familiar behind me and reach out for the unknown, the unexpected, the new, in order to grow and thrive in this new life I have chosen. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about this and can't wait to start my new job in Jakarta. It is going to be amazing and I am ready. Or at least as ready as I can be.

Our oldest is very sad and upset about leaving her home, her friends, and her school. I know she will get over it eventually and love all the adventures that are in front of her, but right now she is just angry and upset. And makes sure that I know about it. The twins are a little more excited, a little less nervous, but still sad to be leaving. They have never known anywhere else as home. But we will be having Christmas in our temporary housing and the presents are all in the suitcases, ready to be put under the tree.

Some days I am not as confident about this change, but I know, as surely as I know anything, that I have found my people and I am ready for this new beginning.

So to the rest of the world, and all the challenges that are in front of me, I only have one thing to say.

"Bring it on, if you think you are hard enough!"

No comments:

Post a Comment