Monday, August 15, 2011

Decisions

It's three weeks out until I drive off into the sunrise to begin my adventures in D.C. and it's time to start figuring out some of what is going to come with me and what will arrive later when my family joins me. So far the list includes:

golf clubs
three cases of beer that didn't get consumed at my Birthday party
a half case of wine from the same event
(Please note that the important stuff is listed first)
most of my clothes
assorted hand tools
some things to drop off with family for safe-keeping along the way
my coffee maker and coffee grinder
five pounds of Pete's coffee
rice cooker
printer and scanner
laptop
a few books
and pictures

That should all fit in a 97 Saturn, don't you think?

On top of these decisions, I am also selling most of my library, throwing away and/or donating old clothes, and just generally downsizing my life. Oh yeah, I have to empty out my office too, and decide what I will leave with my staff, what stays for the new manager, what gets tossed, and what I will bring with me. It's amazing just how much stuff you can collect over 13 years in the same company.

Seriously! You just never realize how many damned knick-knacks you collect or inherit in your life until it is time to move them somewhere, AND you have a weight limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment