Sunday, August 21, 2011

Vacation and Work

It feels kind of strange going on vacation a week before my last days at work, but I booked this vacation last summer and have no intention of giving it up. Five days on the beach with my family is just what I need before I drive 3000 miles to start my new life. The Oregon Coast is perfect this time of year and I am looking forward to sitting back and staring at the ocean for hours while my kids play in the sand and the surf.

As for work, once I return from the beach I will have three full working days left. Time enough to clean out my office, have a few meetings, clean out my email and computer files, shake hands and give/get hugs, and generally close out a chapter of my life that spanned 13 years. This is a very surreal experience and one that I have mixed feelings about. I am trying to stay present throughout and pay attention to how I am feeling, how others are responding/reacting, and not just glossing over this part of my life. There is a lot to learn here if I pay attention.

Lastly, I have my travel orders and I have mostly cleaned out my car in preparation to fill it up again with all that I am taking to DC with me. You can see the inventory in a prior post, but now I have to re-figure how I am packing everything in. I thought I could hang my clothes behind my seat but it turns out there isn't enough space. This means they go behind the passenger seat, reducing visibility. But I guess that doesn't really matter, since I have no intention of looking back.

Be well neighbors!

No comments:

Post a Comment